The ALR Technologies (ALRT) HeC App allows users to send data from their compatible blood glucose meter to the secure Health-e-Connect System.
To install the ALRT HeC App onto computers using Apple OS X operating systems:
- ALRT Cable
- Authorization to install new applications
- 30 MB of available disk space
- OS X 10.7 or later
- Save any work and close all other applications as a restart will be required at the end of this installation.
- Click the ‘Download Now’ button on the right side of this page.
- Double click the ‘Health-e-Connect_Installer.tar’ file that you downloaded to extract its contents.
- Double click the ‘Health-e-Connect_Installer.pkg’ to start the installation. You must be allowed to install software on this computer to complete this setup. If you are not authorized, contact your system administrator.
- Click on ‘Continue’ after reading the instruction page.
- Select the disk where you want to install the Health-e-Connect application on your computer then click ‘Continue’.
- Ensure that you have at least 30 MB of available space on your computer then click ‘Install’. If you do not have 30 MB of space, you will not be able to install the Health-e-Connect application.
- Enter your username and password to allow the system to proceed with the software installation and then click ‘Install Software’.
- When the installation finishes, you must restart your computer. It is recommended to close other applications before proceeding. When you are prepared to proceed, click ‘Continue Installation’.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Finish the installation by clicking ‘Restart’.
- Once you have successfully restarted your computer, open the Health-e-Connect application by going to your ‘Applications’ folder and clicking ‘Health-e-Connect’.