The ALR Technologies (ALRT) HeC App allows users to send data from their compatible blood glucose meter to the secure Health-e-Connect System.
To install the ALRT HeC App onto computers using Microsoft Windows operating systems:
- A compatible interface cable
- Authorization to install new applications
- 10 MB of available disk space
- Windows XP SP3 or later
- Microsoft .Net Client Profile Framework 4 (installer will check and download if not installed).
- Save any work and close all other applications, otherwise a reboot may be required at the end of this installation.
- Click ‘Download Now’ button on the right side of this page.
- Double click the ‘Health-e-Connect_Installer.exe’ file that you downloaded to start the installation program.
- Click ‘Yes’ to allow the ‘Health-e-Connect’ to be installed in your computer. You must be allowed to install software on this computer to complete this step. If you are not authorized, contact your system administrator.
- Click ‘Next’ to continue the installation. It is recommended that you close all other applications before continuing.
- Ensure that you have at least 10 MB of available space on the directory selected, then click ‘Next’. If you do not have 10 MB of space, you will not be able to install the Health-e-Connect application.
- Confirm the directory where you want Health-e-Connect to be installed, then click ‘Install’.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and click on ‘Finish’ to close the wizard.
- To open the Health-e-Connect application, follow these steps:
If you are using a Windows 7 operating system or earlier:
- Click the ‘Start’ button on the lower left corner of your screen.
- Click ‘All Programs’ to display all programs.
- Click ‘ALRT’ and then ‘HealthEConnect’ folders to reveal the ‘Health-e-Connect’ application.
- Click the ‘Health-e-Connect’ application to begin using the application.
If you are using a Windows 8 operating system:
- Point your cursor to the bottom left corner of your screen to show the ‘Start’ button, and then click it.
- On the start menu, click the Health-e-Connect to begin using the application.